Mr. Dell’s Original Potato Casserole
- 10 cups Mr. Dell’s Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/4 cup + 2 T. butter or margarine
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 12-oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine and pour into 9 x 13 inch baking dish, then add 5 cups of Mr. Dell’s Hash Browns. (No need to thaw.)
- In separate bowl, mix soup, sour cream, milk, and green onions, then pour 1/2 of this mixture over hash browns. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle one cup grated cheese on top.
- Add remainder of hash browns and pour remainder of mixture on top, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, then cover with crushed corn flakes.
- Drizzle two tablespoons melted butter or margarine over mixture and bake for 55 minutes.
- MICROWAVE: Cook 16-20 minutes, turning dish 1/4 turn four times during cooking.
- Caution: Do not use metal baking pan when microwaving.
Mr. Dells Hash Browns